We have complied below a schedule of workouts based upon fitness and experience levels to allow you to make the most of your Ergometer and to provide some focus and direction to your training regimen. Remember to rotate and vary your training workouts to keep interest and motivation. If you feel tired perhaps select an easier workout. You may also want to incorporate a countdown repeat function – on a digital watch to help you maintain motivation on the minute based training sessions. A word of warning!!
- Please remember to consult your physician or healthcare professional to ensure you are fit enough to undertake exercise- prior to starting to train on your Ergometer.
- Always use caution when starting a new training regimen.
- Be conservative in your training and training goals, until you feel you are fully familiar with both the Ergometer and your own personal fitness level and ability.
- Remember to use good technique whilst paddling- use rotational technique as well as your arms for a full body core workout- this will maximize the benefit you get from your Speedstroke Ergometer.
- Remember to drink water to remain hydrated- you may also want to set up a cooling fan to make your workout session more comfortable.
KayakPro Release- By Using SpeedStroke GYM or undertaking any of the training sessions listed below- the user accepts full responsibility for all risks and injury to self and others, and waives any rights to themselves, their heirs, or executors to hold the manufacturer or its representatives responsible in any direct or indirect injury whatsoever, however caused by use of our products.
Beginners, well-being and lifestyle fitness athletes.
A steady paddle of say 20 – 30 minutes.
If you have access to a TV try paddling steady for program- then pick up the pace for the commercials – return to steadier paddling for the program- do this for 15- 20 minutes.
Paddle for 2 minutes firmly – then take 2 minutes easy – and repeat for 12 – 16 -20 minutes.
At the start of every minute paddle for 10 strokes harder – then relax and paddle steadily for the remainder on the minute- do this 5 times [One set] Rest one minute- Then repeat this [set] 2-4 times with a recovery 1 minute between each set.
Improvers, and weight loss athletes
30 – 40 minutes of continuous paddling.
4 minutes firm- then 2 minutes easy paddling- Repeat this 6 times.
1 – 2 – 3 -4 – 5 -4 3- 2- 2 minutes firm with 1 minute recovery between each of the minutes.
500m firm x 8 times with 1 minute slow paddling between.
Racers, Fitness and competition sessions.
8 x 4 mins work 1 min rest
7 mins work, 2 mins recovery 6 mins work, 2 mins recovery 5 mins work, 2 mins recovery 4 mins work, 2 mins recovery 3 mins work, 2 mins recovery 2 mins work, 2 mins recovery
15 mins constant – 3 mins recovery (all times 3)
2 mins work, 1 min recovery 3 mins work, 1 min recovery 4 mins work, 1 min recovery 3 mins work, 1 min recovery 2 mins work, 1 min recovery 1 mins work, 1 min recovery