The following precautions should be observed prior to starting any exercise on your SUP Ergometer. Serious injury can occur if the following precautions are not observed:
- Always consult your physician prior to undertaking any exercise regimen. A medical exam is advised.
- Keep head, limbs, fingers, and hair clear of all moving parts and flywheel cage.
- SUP Ergometer requires a safe working area of:
Total width: 175 cm (69”)
Total height: 178 cm (70”)
Total length 343 cm (135”)
- Inspect machine prior to use. Do not use the machine if it appears damaged or inoperable.
- Contact manufacturer if machine is broken or jammed.
- Use machine only as intended.
- Do not modify the machine.
- Children must not be allowed near this machine.
- Teenagers must be supervised during use of this machine.
- By using the SUP Ergometer the user accepts all and full responsibility for self.
Ensure your SUP Ergometer is located on a flat, stable surface. Check that the ropes are in good condition, not frayed or knotted and that they are secured properly into the paddle shaft end.
Make sure that all pulleys and rollers are running freely and there are no obstructions that will prevent or restrict their movement. Before commencing activity, the paddler should be ‘warmed up’ and ‘stretched’ [see- Warm-up tab]. Ensure the settings on the Ergometer are correct and appropriate for the users size, age and/or ability. If in doubt, get a Coach to check.
The SUP Ergometer needs to be located in an area where enough space is present [See safe working areas in the assembly manual and further below]. Ensure that there is no possibility of any object or person being in contact with the paddler, Ergometer, paddle-shaft or ropes during operation, or that anyone nearby could be injured as a result of the Ergometer being used or in motion.
No one must be allowed to enter the safe working area whilst the Ergometer is being used. Should a number of Ergometers be used in one area, then they should be sufficiently spaced, so that no two paddle shafts are capable of colliding or that anyone trying to pass through, [between 2 machines] or get on or off another machine is affected by doing so.